Friday, April 18, 2014

What I learned this semester

Throughout this semester I have learned about many of the consumer behavior ideas, theories and
have gained a better understanding of how consumers behave.

This ranges from learning about individual consumers, how people see themselves, consumers perception and motivation to how consumers make decisions and the culture of consumers.

 I have also learned through the book Nudge, that people need a little push in the right direction, so they make the right choices. This might be do their "Predictably Irrational" (another book we read) side, where people are bound to make irrational decisions.


I think the best thing that I have taken away from this class is the ability to be able to recognize consumer behavior ideas in the real world. I see it throughout movies I watch, in stores, everywhere. Understanding these ideas will help me in my marketing career, but also in my own experiences as a consumer.

For example, when I am in a store I recognize that the brands that have paid more for advertising space that is in my direct line of vision.

From taking this class I have a better understanding of the marketplace and consumer interaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment